Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Today is Thanksgiving. On this day, us Americans are meant to give thanks for what we have and ignore the problems of yesterday in an attempt to share great food and socialize among good friends and family. Traditions are formed, tons of food is consumed and in some cases, massive amounts of alcoholic beverages are downed all day long.

Now, it's true that I've been through a lot this year, but there are indeed things to smile about. Aside from the general stuff, such as the fact that I am currently still breathing, there's one thing in particular that I consider to be the most important thing that has happened to me in the year 2011: The many new friends that I've made. I already have trouble imagining what life would be like without those people!

So, I say to my friends and family, old and new: Eat up, drink up and enjoy one of the best days of the year. Without you, life just wouldn't be the same. I love you all! And to all of you that are no longer with us, I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving, too. We will forever cherish our memories with you. Rest in peace.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment