Saturday, January 12, 2013

Football - Posers


Okay, I have to get this out before my head pops off.

Why the hell does everyone think it's "cool" to like football?

I understand that there are many people out there whom appreciate some sort of sport, if not all of them, and genuinely care about the game, their favorite team(s) and know all of the rules.

However, there are far too many people that simply cheer and scream, pretending to be all hardcore just for the sake of being a part of something and honestly, I think it's downright pathetic.

I get it, okay? Everyone wants to be a part of something. Not a single person LIKES to feel lonely or detached.

But again, what the hell?

My own mother and sister used to rip on sports all of the time, telling my stepdad to "TURN THAT SHIT OFF!" constantly. They hated on it, and acted like sports were the bane of all existence; kind of like me.

Now, though? Yeah, they go crazy. They don't know jack shit about the rules or the game, or even anything more than who the famous players are. They cheer, scream and act like jackasses just because it's the "cool thing to do" these days.

I just don't get it, and I suppose I never will, but come on people! If you appreciate it for what it is, and you are a genuine fan, respect! But if not? Go find a new hobby and stop being a poser. It's far too obvious and only makes you look like a moron.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have more loud music to blare through my headphones!

No comments:

Post a Comment