Friday, March 25, 2011

Another New Chapter

So, I started working at Walmart in Golden Ring on December 3, 2010. Since then, life has been better, but quite a bit more on the stressful side due to the woes of working at a retail store.


First of all, my job description did not include 80% of the things that I'm told to do. In fact, on a normal day, I rarely have the chance do everything that all grocery sales associates are supposed to do aside from restocking milk or putting away the returns.

Second, there are a few employees that make work a pain in the ass. My "Zone Supervisor", Tom is the main problem. He's always making people do trivial things. No matter how often we question what he asks us to do, he just wont listen to our point of view. He only allows us to do what he wants us to do and only in the way that he wants us to do said task.

Of course, there are a few other people that are a pain in the ass for various reasons. Some of the daytime ICS crew, for example, are the kind of people that could be considered stereotypical. They make fun of people for no good reason and act like a bunch of asshats. It's totally okay when they insult you, but as soon as you retaliate, they get all frustrated like it's not cool. Such is life, I suppose!

The final bunch of morons are the absolute worst: Overnight employees. Some of them are pretty cool, but the primary group of overnighters that stock our section are a bunch of assholes. They insult us, treat us like we're the scum of the Earth and on top of that, they don't even do their job properly. We come in every day and the shelves are a complete mess because the overnighters move anything they want to places they don't belong just so they can be lazy. Oh well.

Third, the hours are freakin' insane! One day, I might close. Then, the very next morning, I'll have to be awake between 6-7AM just to prepare so I can get to work on time between 8-9AM. Seriously people, WHAT THE FUCK? It's unhealthy to force your employees to work without proper rest! Not to mention the fact that it fucks up a person's sleeping schedule pretty bad!

There are a bunch of other things that I could go on listing all afternoon, but you get the point. There are, however, a few primary positive points to be made about my job at Walmart.

The most important thing is that I've made a bunch of new friends. I never expected to meet so many genuine cool people working at Walmart, but clearly I was wrong!

The other benefit is clearly the money. While they pay me nowhere near enough to compensate me for what I actually do for them, the money HAS allowed me to buy pretty much anything I want for the time being.

And finally, I get away from my family enough to avoid most of the stupid drama and arguments. That doesn't mean that home life is much better, but it HAS improved to an extent just because I don't have to be around them as often.

In other news, Emily and I are officially separated. It hurts, but the pain is fading away more as time goes by. It's sad, though. I genuinely thought that I would be with that girl forever. She needs to grow up and learn a bit more about life before she gets into anything serious. That's all there is to it. I wont insult her or say anything bad. What happened between us is, for now, between her and I. But it's out there. I'm single. She's single. That's life. Recovery will happen... eventually.

Otakon is only a few months away. I'm relatively excited about that, although not as much as I probably should be. Maybe when the date draws nearer? We'll see.

I'm excited to play Dragon Age 2, which should arrive at my doorstep on Monday, March 28.

I started playing Rift, rejoined FFXI and also bought a few other games, such as Bulletstorm for Xbox 360 and Crysis 2 LE for PC. Needless to say, I've been keeping myself quite busy.

I've been attempting to go out a lot more often, which HAS been a success for the most part. My random days off don't help, but I still make due with what I have. :)

I still need to get on the whole driving school thing. It's taking longer than I thought, but it's honestly mostly due to laziness. I'm so tired from work half the time because of those close-open-close-open days that I just don't even want to do anything. We'll see if I can't get my availability fixed for a while, though.. Carla supposedly approved it; we'll see.

There's not much else I feel like saying right now, but there's a basic update for anyone that cares. ;)

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment