Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Not bad

When I woke up today, I honestly thought I'd have nothing to do. I pretty much assumed that I'd be alone and depressed until exhaustion settled in. Suffice it to say, I was wrong.

My day started off relatively tame. I basically spent most of my time from 3pm-5pm on the internet doing a whole lot of nothing while I talked to a few people. But after that, one of my friends decided to make the awesome choice to invite me out to Cici's Pizza. Of course, I accepted, which led to a fun time, plenty of good food and when we went home, Modern Warfare 3 for several hours.

When we logged onto Xbox Live, two other people hopped aboard and joined us for our virtual mass murder. We all did relatively well, although we all had some pretty bad matches thrown into the mix, as well as our fair share of campers and lag hackers. Either way, fun was had and laughs were shared.

Now, I sit here reflecting on a few things while I mess around in the ridiculous city of Steelport in Saint's Row: The Third, which brings me to the overall point of this short post. As crazy as it sounds, this game helps me out quite a bit. It forces me to remember one key fact of life: Life is crazy, but what's the point without a little fun, even if "fun" is just virtually beating people with a dildo bat for a few moments? As they say in Zombieland, "Enjoy the little things."

Of course, this all means that, for the moment at least, I'm okay. I can definitely feel the demons crawling into my head, but maybe I can beat them just this once. And if not, I'll be back...

No comments:

Post a Comment